While the holiday season sees the least amount of home shoppers during the year, people who are looking now generally are more motivated to find a home quickly. While juggling the demands of shopping, parties, cookie baking and relatives can be stressful enough, trying to sell your home doesn’t have to take a back seat to the holidays. Take a few minutes to make sure your listing is following these home selling during the holidays guidelines published in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Don’t overwhelm your room with a large tree or too many decorations
- Think about putting extra furniture in storage instead of just shoving it to the side for seasonal displays
- Don’t hide the best features of your home under garland and decorations
- Keep plenty of lights on for buyers – while the tree may look pretty in a dim room, it won’t help to sell your house
- Share a little holiday cheer with buyers by laying out cookies or warm cider